This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Package name and date regionalisation in Execution History

Topics: Feature Requests
Mar 3, 2016 at 12:30 AM
Could you please look at modifying the Execution history section in a future release to include the Package name next to the package ID, and add the ability to change the date display to AU date format? Thanks.
Mar 3, 2016 at 5:12 PM
For general usage, I would change the DateTime format to a sortable format like yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm ... or what is the reason for you to have a different time format ?

The Package-Name is not part of the execution history (stored in the Registry). From where should the Tool get the PkgName, specially for entries where no policy exists ? I generally give Packages a very low priority because of the new Application model... Or can you give me some reasons why to investigate effort on that ?!
Mar 4, 2016 at 12:19 AM
International notation is even better. At least the format is then immediately obvious regardless of location.

As for Package-Name, I guess we'd only need names for those with policies, but yes, I understand how that's going to be an issue, even if we can work out how to get that information out.

We are not looking at moving to the application model yet as we have migrated from 2007 and have over 1000 packages that we'd need to move across to the application model, which is not going to happen in a hurry. In the meantime, we have more than 50 support staff who have very limited understanding of SCCM... we're doing a lot of hand-holding to transition them to the new Client Center, but they're struggling with some of the changes, especially how to quickly tell if the software they've just re-run is actually running, when it ran last, and whether it succeeded today, or 12 months ago. This is especially difficult for them when they only have mere minutes to try and resolve the call before they're expected to pass it on and answer the next one.

I'll create some more documentation for them and see if we can work around it. Hoping to get approval to make a donation soon so we can unlock the status messages function, which should help them on this front.

Thanks.
Mar 19, 2016 at 12:29 PM
Version 1.0.2.11 is using the Time-Format: yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm

Note: The Status-Message Viewer Tool requires a local SCCM Admin Console to find the required binaries.... Just FYI
Marked as answer by rzander on 4/28/2016 at 12:49 PM
Apr 6, 2016 at 12:39 AM
Thanks, that looks great. Much appreciated!