This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Support Center?

Topics: Generic
May 7, 2014 at 3:07 PM
rzander, I was just curious what your thoughts are on this new tool from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42645
Coordinator
May 7, 2014 at 3:35 PM
Support Center is a great tool for Troubleshooting. There are some overlapping Features with Client Center but in general I would say that they complement each other… And I've got some new Ideas of what we can implement in Client Center :-)

What are your thoughts ?
May 7, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Agreed, it definitely looks like a good complement to Client Center. I like the option to gather info/logs from a remote machine and put it into a bundle which can then be imported into the viewer app. Very useful for helpdesk techs to use and then attach to a ticket before escalation. I also like the ability to look at a group of logs automatically merged together in the same view by their relation to an overall function like App Mgmt or Software Updates.

I noticed the latest Client Center version has new log viewing/monitoring features for multiple logs as well, which is great.

One of the things missing from Support Center seems to be any management of Software Updates beyond triggering the related scan and evaluation actions.

Also, it does not show you the PowerShell commands for everything it's doing like Client Center :-)
Coordinator
May 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Grouping the Log Files would be easy to implement, the questions is only: what Kind of Groups or helpful and which files belong to these Groups... Do you have any suggestions ? Does it make sense to Group them into one view ?