This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Software Distribution / Applications - view and uninstall/install user-targeted

Topics: Feature Requests
Editor
Dec 12, 2013 at 4:07 PM
In Software Distribution, Applications, it appears that what is visible are Applications which end up with 'ROOT\ccm\clientsdk:CCM_Application.ID="ScopeID_xxx/Application_xxx",IsMachineTarget=TRUE,Revision= ...
Can user-targeted Applications be visible?
Coordinator
Dec 12, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I'm not aware of a filter in the tool... but if I remeber correctly, the CCM_Application class will only show Apps that are available to the current user. So you will only see apps that are availble to the account that is running the tool. But I will verify this tomorrow...
Dec 12, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Edited Dec 12, 2013 at 8:25 PM
To get user targeted apps for a currently logged on user, would it be possible to check

Root\ccm\Policy[UserSID]\ActualConfig\CCM_ApplicationCIAssignment

If more than one user SID is available, perhaps a menu could be shown to select the desired user. Of course, you'd have to have some way of translating SID to user name. Maybe the user name could be automatically grabbed from HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList[UserSID]\ProfileImagePath
Mar 13, 2014 at 6:16 PM
I'm just curious if any further consideration has been given to this issue. Thanks!

(I tried to post this a few minutes ago but it never showed up... sorry if this ends up being a double post)
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2014 at 9:33 AM
What can we do with the Information stored in Root\ccm\Policy[UserSID]\ActualConfig\CCM_ApplicationCIAssignment ?
I've not found a way to Trigger any Actions based on this Information.... Additional Information is stored in root\ccm\cimodels (e.g. CCM_HandlerSynclet), it seems that also user based assignements are stored there... but again, how to Trigger something ??
Mar 18, 2014 at 2:06 PM
That makes sense, but I still think it would be helpful to list the user targeted apps to verify that they are correctly assigned, even if no action can be taken. Maybe it would be best to put them in a different node from the machine targeted apps to avoid confusion.
Jan 12, 2015 at 2:51 PM
Please, could you help me?
How can I get user targeted apps from a windows service that is running as local system if CCM_Application only show apps available for the current user (and the current user is the machine not the real user)?
Coordinator
Jan 12, 2015 at 2:57 PM
As you already mentioned, it's not possible with CCM_Application...
Jan 12, 2015 at 3:29 PM
Thank you for your answer rzander!! ... and what about CCM_ApplicationCIAssignment? could it be used? I've found little documentation... Can you think of any other alternative?