Remote User Policy Actions vs. "User Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle" Local Action

Topics: Generic
Sep 17, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Edited Sep 17, 2013 at 11:46 PM
I'm hoping to get some clarification on this. The four user policy actions in Client Center trigger specific schedule IDs in WMI. However, none of these actions seem to equate exactly to the "User Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle" action that can be performed locally in the CM properties control panel item (but I had previously assumed that at least one of them did.) In fact, when I try the user policy actions, I see 80041002 (not found) errors in the SmsClientMethodProvider.log. When I initiate the local action, there is no activity recorded in that log, so it seems to be using another method. I did some searching and found a very OLD thread which seems to explain that the issue is related to needing to pass the user SID of the currently logged on user along with the trigger command:

http://www.myitforum.com/forums/Script-a-39-User-Policy-Retrieval-amp-Evaluation-Cycle39-m89283.aspx

I'm curious how this issue is handled in Client Center. The "download user policy" action always seemed to work in Client Center 07. Is it using a different method than is now being used in CC12?

Thanks!
Coordinator
Sep 18, 2013 at 6:58 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.