This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

ClickOnce does not allow for proxy authentication, unable to run with elevated priviledges

Topics: Bugs
Feb 28, 2013 at 10:56 PM
I'm behind a corporate proxy that requires authentication, my normal user account has rights to access internet and therefore I can run the ClickOnce app but am unable to connect to any machines as my normal account lacks the required administrative access. I have a domain admin account but this lacks internet access, so I can't run the ClickOnce app. Are there any plans to release this as a standalone executable? Or to enter credentials within the application perhaps...
Coordinator
Apr 1, 2013 at 5:08 PM
You can start the click-once app, open Task-Manager, right click the process "SCCMCliCtrWpf.exe" and select "Open file clocation...". Copy the *.dll, the .SCCMCliCtrWPF.exe and SCCMCliCtrWPF.exe.config to a local directory. You can now start the SCCMCliCtrWPF.exe as Admin without Internet-Access.
Jul 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM
rzander wrote:
You can start the click-once app, open Task-Manager, right click the process "SCCMCliCtrWpf.exe" and select "Open file clocation...". Copy the *.dll, the .SCCMCliCtrWPF.exe and SCCMCliCtrWPF.exe.config to a local directory. You can now start the SCCMCliCtrWPF.exe as Admin without Internet-Access.
Hi Roger, I tried your method (copied the files locally and via the exe file), and the application doesn't even launch. Is there something else I am missing also?

Have you had confirmation from other users on the forum that your suggested workaround successfully works?

Regards,

Jason
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2013 at 7:52 AM
I don't know if it works for other users but I used it today, copied the following files:
Microsoft.Windows.Shell.dll
NavigationPane.dll
RibbonControlsLibrary.dll
sccmclictr.automation.dll
SCCMCliCtrWPF.exe
SCCMCliCtrWPF.exe.config
System.Windows.Controls.Input.Toolkit.dll
WPFToolkit.dll

and started SCCMCliCtrWPF.exe on a machine that has no Internet access and never used the Click-Once setup before...

Regards

Roger
Jul 11, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Thanks Roger.

Can you think of anything else that would prevent this from being launched then? Do the dlls need to be registered at all?

Regards,

Jason
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2013 at 6:43 AM
You just have to copy the files, no registration required....
Did the ClickOnce Version run on the same Computer ? .NET 4 (Full) is installed ? any Errors in the Event-Log ?

Roger
Jul 16, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Hi Roger,
I solved the problem as follows:
  1. Load the file called SCCMCliCtrWPF.application (Click-Once App)
  2. Click install when prompted
  3. Wait for the Client Center for CM12 application to install and fully load
  4. Use Task Manager and right click the process called SCCMCliCtrWPF.exe and then select Open File Location
  5. It should open to the following path: C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Temp\%Foldername%
  6. Copy ALL files in this directory to a local folder.
  7. Create a shortcut to the file called SCCMCliCtrWPF.exe
That's it! Now you can run the application via SCCMCliCtrWPF.exe as admin directly (or use the new shortcut), with or without internet access.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy!