Web Client default WS-Man ports and SSL

Topics: Generic
Apr 17, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Hello,

We are trying to use the web client. I have setup and is working; however, we do not use default ports to connect to remote systems as well as using SSL.

I have tried to make changes to the config file where those changes live but during download and launch, we get a hash error. This is obvious because files have changed.

Question: is there a way to make this changes and set a different port to be use by default and SSL box selected? and How?

Thanks,
Cesar
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Corrently the Manifest File has a Hash value for all Files. I will exclude the "SCCMCliCtrWPF.exe.config" with the next update (V1.0.0.7) so you can change the file without regenerating the manifest file...

But I would recommend to sign the Manifest File with a code signing cert that your Company trusts. Sherry has created a step-by-step Manual on how to do this:
Updating and configuring your browser-based version of Client Center to be licensed and trusted in your intranet

Regards

Roger
Apr 17, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Thanks Roger, awesome work btw.

I will take a look at Sherry's Manifest signing article which is something we definitely would like pursue after the initial testing period.

Thanks,
Cesar
Jul 21, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Hello Roger,

I wanted to circle back and ask if you were able to add this to your newest released web version.

Thanks,
Cesar