Client Center CM12 / Running Executions / Running Job

Topics: Feature Requests
Sep 5, 2013 at 5:29 AM
Hi Roger
In the old SCCM Client Center 2.0.4 you could use running executions to see running job.
is it possible to get this in for the Client Center 2012 this is a very useful feature.
Dec 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Usually one of the first things I do when connecting to a client to to find out "What is the client doing right now?"
Coordinator
Dec 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM
The "Software Summary" Table should give an overview of whats going on on the client ... You get the status of Applications, Task-Sequences, Packages and Updates... What do you need more ?
Dec 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Hi rzander

In the old client center there was this Show running job this is a super function to see what the client is waiting for or not installing packages and software update or in download state or waiting MW

I can’t see that under “Software summary”

Thanks

/Kenneth

Jun 23, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Hi Roger,

are you planning to integrate the "old" running executions feature furthermore or not?

We missing it badly, and "show pending SW" isn´t really a solution for the missing "running executions".

THX
Peter
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2014 at 2:08 PM
If you can tell me where to get the Information for Applications... Running executions did only work for legacy Packages and not for Applications. What Kind of Information are you missing in 'Software Summary'
Jun 23, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Hi Roger,

if I remember correctly, the CC was showing the current state of a running execution e.g. "waiting content" and the runing install-program for each advertisement being executed while it was active - this is, what we are missing.

THX
Peter
Aug 27, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Edited Aug 27, 2014 at 1:03 PM
We are missing this feature as well, I'll try to use the software summary, but sometimes when we ask our customers to log out so our packaged applications can continue installing we use the running executions to monitor the progress and to know when the application should be finished. The customer is then asked to login and test and we can solve our tickets.

I hope that this feature will be implemented fast again.

Thank you
Jan 23, 2015 at 2:24 PM
We use legacy packages. Having it for that would be incredibly useful even if it doesn't include applications. Amazing that Microsoft tools are so minimal compared to yours.

I do have to say I preferred the Sccm 2007 tool though. I still use it 90% of the time. The winRM and .net stuff required for 2012 makes it a bit unpredictable in networks we support of 100,000 workstations all over the country with different network configurations.
Mar 18, 2015 at 5:33 PM
I agree, I would love to see this functionality return. A lot of my IT colleagues are accustomed to using this information when troubleshooting.

That said, I realize this is a free utility and a labor of love, so I appreciate how much information this tool provides!
Apr 29, 2015 at 9:42 AM
It is possible:
Get-WmiObject -name "root\CCM\SoftMgmtAgent" -query "select * from ccm_executionrequestex" -comp compi | Where-Object { $_.RunningState -eq "Running" -or $_.State -eq "WaitingContent" } | Select-Object MIFPackageName,ProgramID,RunningState,State
Coordinator
May 4, 2015 at 11:41 AM
Hi Selko

You can implement a query to like your PS as Adhoc Inventory Action. You just have to edit the sccmclictr.exe.config, search for "AdhocInv" and add the following line to the array of existing strings:
<string>Running Executions|root\CCM\SoftMgmtAgent|select MIFPackageName, RunningState, State  from ccm_executionrequestex</string>
After restarting the Tool, you can go to the "Inventory" Section, select "Inventory Data" and you will see a "Running Exections" Menu Item in "Adhoc Inventory"...

I would also recomment to enable "Event Monitoring" to get the status changes (only for legacy packages) in realtime...

Regards

Roger
May 4, 2015 at 1:48 PM
Hi Roger

thanks for the hint.

Will try this out.

Von meinem Windows Phone gesendet

Von: [email removed]
Gesendet: ‎04.‎05.‎2015 13:42
An: [email removed]
Betreff: Re: Client Center CM12 / Running Executions / Running Job [sccmclictr:455560]

Hi Selko

You can implement a query to like your PS as Adhoc Inventory Action. You just have to edit the sccmclictr.exe.config, search for "AdhocInv" and add the following line to the array of existing strings:
<string>Running Executions|root\CCM\SoftMgmtAgent|select MIFPackageName, RunningState, State  from ccm_executionrequestex</string>
After restarting the Tool, you can go to the "Inventory" Section, select "Inventory Data" and you will see a "Running Exections" Menu Item in "Adhoc Inventory"...

I would also recomment to enable "Event Monitoring" to get the status changes (only for legacy packages) in realtime...

Regards

Roger
May 26, 2015 at 12:56 PM
Edited May 26, 2015 at 1:02 PM
I extended this above string a little with some extra items.

<string>Running Executions|root\CCM\SoftMgmtAgent|select MIFPackageName, RequestID, programID, ReceivedTime, SuspendReboot, advertid, contentid, RunningState, State from ccm_executionrequestex</string>

Works like a charme, thanks Roger.

Greeetz,
Daytona
Jul 20, 2015 at 12:13 PM
Hello,

how can we add it also to the browser version?

I updated the file SCCMCliCtrWPR.exe.config.deploy on our IIS, but it is not working as now the hash in some manifest is not correct. Perhaps it is necessary to recompile the application somehow.

Thanks for help

Michal
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2015 at 1:24 PM