Client Center 2012 Customization

Topics: Generic
May 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Hello,

My company heavily used Client Center for ConfigMgr 2007. We built in custom tools to the drop down menus, etc.

Will the functionality exist to customize the 2012 version? Or are we better off beginning to create our own custom GUI for the tools we previously had added to the old version of Client Center.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Coordinator
May 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM
At the Moment, there are no plans for external add-on's.... Maybe in the future....
What Kind of Tools are you missing ?
Jun 11, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2013 at 1:18 PM
The custom add-on was useful for us for many scenarios.
We have added some of the following tools/fixes to the drop down lists:

1) Modified import policy query, so we could exclude advertisements with a certain criteria.
2) Added additional Inventory Classes and Adhoc Inventory items to the tool.
2) Custom command prompt to do a # of tasks (add user to local admin group, etc).
3) Additional Remote Control functionalities
4) Remote RegEdit
5) Custom tool to pull GPRESULT's.
6) PSTools
7) Custom help & reporting links
8) Custom fixes for things like 1601 errors, WUA fixes, etc.
9) Custom SCCM Client Reinstaller that has built in WMI repairs, etc.
10) Custom quick health check/scripts
11) Enabled / disabled / renamed certain built in features.

If you need any additional information, let me know.

Thanks!
Sep 9, 2015 at 9:51 AM
Hi,
I am just trying to use the new SCCM Client Center for configuration manager, and Remote tools seems to be disabled on this.
I used to use the old SCCM Client Center V2.0 and it seems to be enabled on that, as we have been migrated on SCCM 2012 , I am trying to use the new SCCM Client. I have enabled the WinRM service and I am able to connect to the machines and see Advertistments, and Procecss etc.. in the Agent Actions Tab, however the Remote Tools and Resource Explorer icons in the Custom Actions Tab seems to be grayed out.
Is there any other settings I need to do to get this enabled?
please advice.

Thanks
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2015 at 10:39 AM
Some of the Plugins (in the Tools Menu and Custom Tools Ribbon) are only enabled for donators. Make a donation and you get a key to enable these Tools... If you want to remove these Items, just delete (or rename) the corresponding Plugin_*.dll file in the directory where the Client Center tool resists...

Roger